The weir and the water mill were built on a branch of the Dommel. The foundations of the mill probably date back to the mid-ninth century. The mill was destroyed by fire in 1564 and then rebuilt. It consists of two wooden buildings that are partly built over the water. It is a lower mill with two open water wheels made of wood and metal and was used as a corn, oil and wood saw mill. The complex was restored from 2003 – 2007.