The wall anchors of this pastor’s house indicate that the building was built in 1764 when the municipality of Nuenen-Gerwen was obliged to build a new house for the pastor. The rectory has had a number of special residents. In 1766 the historian Stephanus Hanewinckel was born here. Theodorus van Gogh lived here from 1882 until his death in 1885, and his son Vincent from December 1883 to November 1885. Vincent van Gogh’s original studio is still located at the rear of this building. Peace activist Bart de Ligt lived here from 1910 until his exile from Nuenen in 1915. The painter-draftsman Nico Eekman and the painter Henri van der Waals also lived here.