INFORMATIEBORDEN

De informatieborden zijn aangebracht op de rijksmonumenten en gemeentelijke monumenten in Nuenen, Gerwen en Nederwetten en op ‘t Eeneind.

De teksten zijn aangeleverd door heemkundekring DE DRIJEHORNICK.

Door middel van een QR-code verwijzen de teksten op de informatieborden naar deze website.

NB: momenteel zijn wij bezig de linkadressen van de QR-codes aan te passen voor deze vernieuwde site.
Daarom verwijzen de huidige QR-codes niet meer.
Onze excuses voor het ongemak.

WINDMOLEN DE ROOSDONCK

WINDMOLEN DE ROOSDONCK

WINDMOLEN DE ROOSDONCKGerwenseweg 2,                               GerwenThis windmill (top porter) was built in 1884, commissioned by miller Marcellus van den Eijnden. During the construction, the 15-meter-high hull collapsed, killing a mill builder. Made suitable...

WEEFHUIS

WEEFHUIS

WEEFHUISLucas van Hauthemlaan 1,            NuenenBuilt in 1888 as a linen factory commissioned by Jan de Kruijff under the name 'H.C. van Hoven, Damast, Pellen and Linen factory'.  Until 1920, linen was made here using hand-woven looms. The roller was driven with...

VOORMALIGE DORPSSCHOOL

VOORMALIGE DORPSSCHOOL

VOORMALIGE DORPSSCHOOLZandstraat 25 – 29,           NederwettenBuilt in 1871 as a public school to replace the school in the former town hall of Nederwetten on the Soeterbeekseweg. Until 1927 this remained the school of Nederwetten, there was one room. This was in the...

VOORMALIG STATIONSKOFFIEHUIS

VOORMALIG STATIONSKOFFIEHUIS

VOORMALIG STATIONSKOFFIEHUISStationsweg 6-8,               EeneindBuilt in 1867 as a tannery. From 1882 used as station coffee house, bicycle storage and livestock storage. A kiosk was built on the left for the harmony "Exercise and Perseverance", which was founded in...

VOORMALIG RAADHUIS NUENEN C.A.

VOORMALIG RAADHUIS NUENEN C.A.

VOORMALIG RAADHUIS NUENEN C.A.Beekstraat 11,   NuenenThe year 1734, placed in the wall anchors, shows the year of construction of the first 'house for Schout (mayor) and Schepenen (councilors) of Nuenen-Gerwen'. After the merger in 1821 of Nederwetten with the...

VAN GOGH-KERKJE

VAN GOGH-KERKJE

VAN GOGHKERKJEPapenvoort 2A,  NuenenThis small church was built in 1824. The attached consistory room dates from 1928. In 1965, an 18-bell carillon was placed in the turret on the roof during the restoration, donated by the Nolte family. The church became famous...

SINT-JOZEFSCHOOL

SINT-JOZEFSCHOOLHoekstraat 42,   NederwettenFrom 1927 to 1980 this was the Sint-Jozefschool. The architect is Lambert de Vries from Helmond. Rebuilt after 1980 into a residence and office. In its architectural style it possesses elements of the Amsterdam School with...

SINT-CLEMENSKERK

SINT-CLEMENSKERKHeuvel 21,           GerwenA stone hall church was built here between 1350 and 1400. Between 1420 and 1440 it was replaced by a simple cross church with a defensible west tower. The current church of the basilica type with three bays dates from 1620....

SINT-ANTONIUSKAPEL

SINT-ANTONIUSKAPELStationsweg  ong.             EeneindBuilt in 1987 as a reminder of the Opwetten chapel that was built there in 1450 and served until 1915. The chapel is dedicated to Saint Anthony Abbot, patron of the Antonius Guild, the guild that manages the...

RAADHUIS

RAADHUISBerg 29,               NuenenBuilt in 1874 and used as the town hall of Nuenen, Gerwen and Nederwetten until 1953. Initially, this also housed a jail, the municipal fire engine and the butter mine. Under the overhanging roof is the sandstone former municipal...

OUDE TOREN

OUDE TORENKerkhoef ong.     NederwettenThis is the tower of the 15th-century parish church of Nederwetten. The first parish church was founded here in 1250 by the priory of Hooidonk. From 1756 to 1792 the town hall of the municipality of Nederwetten was also in the...

OPWETTENSE WATERMOLEN

OPWETTENSE WATERMOLEN

OPWETTENSE WATERMOLENOpwettenseweg 203,       NuenenThe history of this corn, oil and sawmill on the Kleine Dommel dates back to the 11th century. The current buildings date from 1743. The water wheel has a diameter of 9.3 meters and is therefore the largest in...

NUNE VILLE

NUNE VILLEBerg 24     NuenenThis building with framed façade in the style of the 18th century was built in 1874 on behalf of Rev. Willem Begemann. His daughter Margot had a short-lived and tragic relationship with her neighbor Vincent van Gogh in 1884. From 1923 to...

LINDEBOOM

LINDEBOOMBerg ong.     NuenenThe linden tree  was planted in the seventeenth century. The linden tree has a storey construction and belongs to the oldest and biggest trees in the Netherlands (size of the tree trunk is 6.5 meter). The fence was built in 1889 by the two...

KOSTERSHUISJE

KOSTERSHUISJEBerg 40, NuenenBuilt as a weaver's house in the 18th century. The first occupant was Hendrik Spee. Characteristics applied by the builder can still be seen on the original wooden pillars in the house. Later it was called the 'verger's house'because the...

HUIZE DE ROOSDONCK

HUIZE DE ROOSDONCKBroekdijk 1,        NuenenBuilt in 1932 by order of the mayor of Nuenen, Gerwen and Nederwetten, Mr. Cees van Rijckevorsel, under the architecture of Cornelis Roffelsen. The country house is designed in a historicizing architectural style with...

HOOIDONKSE WATERMOLEN

HOOIDONKSE WATERMOLENHooidonk 8,         NederwettenThe weir and the water mill were built on a branch of the Dommel. The foundations of the mill probably date back to the mid-ninth century. The mill was destroyed by fire in 1564 and then rebuilt. It consists of two...

HET KLOOSTER

HET KLOOSTERPark1,   NuenenThe St. Elisabeths Institute was founded in 1885 by pastor Wilhelmus van Lent. Johannes Heijkants from Erp was the architect. The land was acquired by the bishop Jacobus Cuijten, who was born in Nuenen. In 1887, Sisters of the Congregation...

H. KRUISPARK HOOIDONK

H. KRUISPARK HOOIDONKHooidonk ong.    NederwettenIn 1244, according to a statement by Bishop Boniface of Lausanne, the 'Miracle of Hooidonk' happened here with a splinter of the Holy Cross.That miracle happened at the inauguration of the chapel of the priory. The...

H. CLEMENSKERK

H. CLEMENSKERKPark 53,  NuenenThe church, built in neo-Gothic style, was built in 1872 to replace the barn church that stood on the current church square. Pastor Wilhelmus van Lent commissioned architect Carl Weber from Roermond to design the church. There are three...

GEMEENTEHUIS

GEMEENTEHUISPapenvoort 15, NuenenBuilt in 1930 as 'country estate Den Bergh' by Duco Lodewijk Willem Baron van Hardenbroek van de Kleine Lindt. Since 1953, under mayor Jhr. C.Th.J van Rijckevorsel, this villa was the town hall. This was expanded in 1969 and 1982. In...

DORPSSCHOOL

DORPSSCHOOLHeuvel 5,              GerwenThis school was built in 1929 in the style of the Amsterdam School under the architecture of Lambert de Vries from Helmond. Characteristic of the Amsterdam School is the use of a lot of brick and the application of decorations...

DOMINEESHUIS

DOMINEESHUISBerg 26,               NuenenAccording to the wall anchors built in 1764 when the municipality of Nuenen was forced to build a new home for the pastor. The parsonage has had a number of special residents. For example, from 1882 to 1885, Theodorus van Gogh...

DE VANK

DE VANKKerkstraat 7,      NuenenThis former parish house De Vank with adjacent caretaker's house was built in 1940 on the initiative of pastor Aldenhuijsen, and on behalf of the board of the St. Clemens Parish. Cees de Bever was the architect. The buildings were built...

BIERBROUWERIJ ‘DE KROON’

BIERBROUWERIJ ‘DE KROON’Park 63/63a,        NuenenIn 1832, the Cooperage of Peter Coolen was here. In 1855 it became Johannes van Coll's farm and in 1879 it became a house (left) with a brewery (right). The brewery was taken over by Janus Prinsen in 1891 and was given...

COLLSE HOEVE

COLLSE HOEVECollse Hoefdijk 24,  EeneindThis farm is already mentioned in the issue letter for the borders of Nuenen-Gerwen of Hertog Jan II in 1300. The monastery order of the Wilhelmites in 's-Hertogenbosch became the owner of this farm in 1309. This order promoted...

BRIEVENGAARDERSHUIS

BRIEVENGAARDERSHUISPapenvoort 3,     NuenenThis building was built in 1858. From July 1883 Thomas van Otterdijk, the letter collector, lived and worked here. From here the mail to the Nuenen-Eeneind train station was brought by a dog cart. Vincent van Gogh brought his...

BEGEMANNHUIS

BEGEMANNHUIS Berg 65, NuenenBuilt in 1871, commissioned by Lodewijk Begemann. The left-hand part of this building was a house, in the right-hand part was the spinning mill and in the adjacent workshop the hand and steam weaving mill. Part of Vincent van Gogh's work...

ALOYSIUSSCHOOL

ALOYSIUSSCHOOL Kerkstraat, NuenenFounded in 1920 by the parish board as R.K. elementary school for boys. The school building, with its brick decorative elements in the style of the Amsterdam school, was designed by architect Lambert de Vries from Helmond and built by...