This building was built in 1858. From July 1883 Thomas van Otterdijk, the letter collector, lived and worked here. From here the mail to the Nuenen-Eeneind train station was brought by a dog cart. Vincent van Gogh brought his (134) letters to this “brievengaardershuis”. The paintings that he sent from Nuenen to his brother Theo in Paris were also sent from here.