This is the tower of the 15th-century parish church of Nederwetten. The first parish church was founded here in 1250 by the priory of Hooidonk. From 1756 to 1792 the town hall of the municipality of Nederwetten was also in the church. The church was demolished in 1898, after the new Sint-Lambertus church was taken into use. The tower continued to serve as a “bell tower” until 1920, after which the bells were transferred to the new church. In 1933 the tower lost its peak due to a storm.