The year 1734, placed in the wall anchors, shows the year of construction of the first ‘house for Schout (mayor) and Schepenen (councilors) of Nuenen-Gerwen’. After the merger in 1821 of Nederwetten with the municipality of Nuenen-Gerwen, it was used as a town hall for the new municipality of Nuenen, Gerwen and Nederwetten until 1874. The entrance, consisting of a carved frame on a stone ornamental piece and sidewalk, indicates that it was at that time a grand building. In 1874 a textile weaving mill was established there. From 1910 the building was in use as a café, called “The Wornout Mind” and subsequently as a shop and house.