A stone hall church was built here between 1350 and 1400. Between 1420 and 1440 it was replaced by a simple cross church with a defensible west tower. The current church of the basilica type with three bays dates from 1620. In the years 1887-1889 the church got its neo-Gothic appearance. Protestant worship services were held here from 1648 to 1798, then used as a German parish church until 1969. Since 1983 the church has been served by the Priest Brotherhood Pius X. The historian A.M. Frenken was a pastor here from 1926 to 1952.