MONUMENTEN

Monumenten vormen natuurlijk een belangrijke bron voor onze geschiedenis. Met monumenten duiden we gebouwen aan die een monumentstatus hebben of dit verdienen. Er zijn 34 rijksmonumenten in Nuenen, 3 in Gerwen en 8 in Nederwetten. Nuenen telt 52 gemeentelijke monumenten, Gerwen 4 en Nederwetten 13. Er zijn vier gemeentelijke dorpsgezichten en één rijksbeschermd dorpsgezicht.
Komend jaar willen we de wederopbouwarchitectuur in kaart brengen.

We volgen de ontwikkelingen rond de monumenten en de historisch stedenbouwkundige structuur in de gemeente en proberen zo nodig bij te sturen. Verder proberen we monumenten onder de aandacht te brengen door middel van publicaties. Zo is er in 2017 een boek uitgebracht over het Klooster. Het organiseren van de Open Monumentendag in het tweede weekend van september is een jaarlijks terugkerende activiteit.

De werkgroep Monumenten en Archeologie bestaat (eind 2021) uit drie leden. De leden hebben regelmatig contact met de gemeente op het gebied van het cultureel erfgoedbeleid.

We zouden graag nog meer activiteiten ontwikkelen, zoals rond Torendag, behoud van de resten van het Klooster Hooidonk, inventarisaties, educatie op scholen e.d. Maar daarvoor is uitbreiding, al dan niet op projectbasis, dringend gewenst.

De monumenten op deze website zijn onderverdeeld in 6 groepen:

  • Door overheid en gemeente geregistreerde monumenten.
  • Oude afgebroken gebouwen die een plaats op de monumentenlijst verdienen.
  • Monumenten van het project Terugbeeld.
  • Informatieborden (voormalige ANWB-borden).
  • Oorlogsmonument (herdenkingsroute)
  • Overige monumenten (beelden etc.).

Tevens was er nog het project ‘Monument van de maand 2018’. Klik op: Monument van de maand

De monumenten (excl. de Terugbeeld Informatiezuilen en Informatieborden) worden te zijner tijd ondergebracht in het collectiesysteem.

Coördinator: Remmet van Luttervelt

Opwettense Watermolen

Opwettense Watermolen

De Opwettense watermolen kent een roerige geschiedenis waarin vele eigenaren de revue passeerden. De molen is gebouwd in de elfde eeuw door monniken van de Benedic­tijner abdij van Sint Truiden. Daarna werden de ‘Heren van Dieteren’ eigenaar. Dieteren was een...

WINDMOLEN DE ROOSDONCK

WINDMOLEN DE ROOSDONCK

WINDMOLEN DE ROOSDONCKGerwenseweg 2,                               GerwenThis windmill (top porter) was built in 1884, commissioned by miller Marcellus van den Eijnden. During the construction, the 15-meter-high hull collapsed, killing a mill builder. Made suitable...

WEEFHUIS

WEEFHUIS

WEEFHUISLucas van Hauthemlaan 1,            NuenenBuilt in 1888 as a linen factory commissioned by Jan de Kruijff under the name 'H.C. van Hoven, Damast, Pellen and Linen factory'.  Until 1920, linen was made here using hand-woven looms. The roller was driven with...

VOORMALIGE DORPSSCHOOL

VOORMALIGE DORPSSCHOOL

VOORMALIGE DORPSSCHOOLZandstraat 25 – 29,           NederwettenBuilt in 1871 as a public school to replace the school in the former town hall of Nederwetten on the Soeterbeekseweg. Until 1927 this remained the school of Nederwetten, there was one room. This was in the...

VOORMALIG STATIONSKOFFIEHUIS

VOORMALIG STATIONSKOFFIEHUIS

VOORMALIG STATIONSKOFFIEHUISStationsweg 6-8,               EeneindBuilt in 1867 as a tannery. From 1882 used as station coffee house, bicycle storage and livestock storage. A kiosk was built on the left for the harmony "Exercise and Perseverance", which was founded in...

VOORMALIG RAADHUIS NUENEN C.A.

VOORMALIG RAADHUIS NUENEN C.A.

VOORMALIG RAADHUIS NUENEN C.A.Beekstraat 11,   NuenenThe year 1734, placed in the wall anchors, shows the year of construction of the first 'house for Schout (mayor) and Schepenen (councilors) of Nuenen-Gerwen'. After the merger in 1821 of Nederwetten with the...

VAN GOGH-KERKJE

VAN GOGH-KERKJE

VAN GOGHKERKJEPapenvoort 2A,  NuenenThis small church was built in 1824. The attached consistory room dates from 1928. In 1965, an 18-bell carillon was placed in the turret on the roof during the restoration, donated by the Nolte family. The church became famous...

SINT-JOZEFSCHOOL

SINT-JOZEFSCHOOLHoekstraat 42,   NederwettenFrom 1927 to 1980 this was the Sint-Jozefschool. The architect is Lambert de Vries from Helmond. Rebuilt after 1980 into a residence and office. In its architectural style it possesses elements of the Amsterdam School with...

SINT-CLEMENSKERK

SINT-CLEMENSKERKHeuvel 21,           GerwenA stone hall church was built here between 1350 and 1400. Between 1420 and 1440 it was replaced by a simple cross church with a defensible west tower. The current church of the basilica type with three bays dates from 1620....

SINT-ANTONIUSKAPEL

SINT-ANTONIUSKAPELStationsweg  ong.             EeneindBuilt in 1987 as a reminder of the Opwetten chapel that was built there in 1450 and served until 1915. The chapel is dedicated to Saint Anthony Abbot, patron of the Antonius Guild, the guild that manages the...

RAADHUIS

RAADHUISBerg 29,               NuenenBuilt in 1874 and used as the town hall of Nuenen, Gerwen and Nederwetten until 1953. Initially, this also housed a jail, the municipal fire engine and the butter mine. Under the overhanging roof is the sandstone former municipal...

OUDE TOREN

OUDE TORENKerkhoef ong.     NederwettenThis is the tower of the 15th-century parish church of Nederwetten. The first parish church was founded here in 1250 by the priory of Hooidonk. From 1756 to 1792 the town hall of the municipality of Nederwetten was also in the...

OPWETTENSE WATERMOLEN

OPWETTENSE WATERMOLEN

OPWETTENSE WATERMOLENOpwettenseweg 203,       NuenenThe history of this corn, oil and sawmill on the Kleine Dommel dates back to the 11th century. The current buildings date from 1743. The water wheel has a diameter of 9.3 meters and is therefore the largest in...

NUNE VILLE

NUNE VILLEBerg 24     NuenenThis building with framed façade in the style of the 18th century was built in 1874 on behalf of Rev. Willem Begemann. His daughter Margot had a short-lived and tragic relationship with her neighbor Vincent van Gogh in 1884. From 1923 to...

LINDEBOOM

LINDEBOOMBerg ong.     NuenenThe linden tree  was planted in the seventeenth century. The linden tree has a storey construction and belongs to the oldest and biggest trees in the Netherlands (size of the tree trunk is 6.5 meter). The fence was built in 1889 by the two...

KOSTERSHUISJE

KOSTERSHUISJEBerg 40, NuenenBuilt as a weaver's house in the 18th century. The first occupant was Hendrik Spee. Characteristics applied by the builder can still be seen on the original wooden pillars in the house. Later it was called the 'verger's house'because the...

HUIZE DE ROOSDONCK

HUIZE DE ROOSDONCKBroekdijk 1,        NuenenBuilt in 1932 by order of the mayor of Nuenen, Gerwen and Nederwetten, Mr. Cees van Rijckevorsel, under the architecture of Cornelis Roffelsen. The country house is designed in a historicizing architectural style with...

HOOIDONKSE WATERMOLEN

HOOIDONKSE WATERMOLENHooidonk 8,         NederwettenThe weir and the water mill were built on a branch of the Dommel. The foundations of the mill probably date back to the mid-ninth century. The mill was destroyed by fire in 1564 and then rebuilt. It consists of two...